April 09, 2012|
|Put an End to Cover Letter Waste!|
|Maximize your exposure and land more interviews!|
The internet has changed the way that employers search for new employees. The latest numbers tell us that over 1.5 million employers & recruiters search various career websites daily for job candidates. That means to get those employers and recruiters to see your resume, you need to be on all the top career websites as soon as possible.
Why not let Resume Rabbit instantly post your resume on up to 85 job boards? Within minutes you'll be seen on Job.com, CareerBuilder, Net-Temps, Dice & more. Resume Rabbit's quick & easy online form will save you over 60 hours of research and data entry. Maximize your exposure and go to Resume Rabbit today.
|Create an amazing cover letter in 3.5 minutes flat!|
A perfectly-written cover letter can be more important to your job search than your resume! Update your approach and get your phone ringing off the hook with more quality job interviews and job offers faster than you could ever imagine.
Stop writing cover letters the hard way. Amazing Cover Letters helps you quickly and easily crank out a killer cover letter that is guaranteed--to keep your phone ringing. With just a click of a button, fill in the blanks and in just 3.5 minutes out pops a brilliantly worded and perfectly crafted cover letter - 100% customized for you. Start landing hot job interviews and top job offers - without writing one word, by going to Amazing Cover Letter Creator.
||Put an End to Cover Letter Waste!
Jimmy Sweeney, President of CareerJimmy and Author of Amazing Cover Letter Creator
Thousands of job search cover letters land on the desks of hiring managers every week. After one glance, however, hundreds of them are sent to the gallows. They are tossed, forgotten, and then shredded. What a waste--of paper and personality. The men and women behind these cover letters will wait for a response, but never receive one because their writing was just plain banal, boring and bad!
But you don't have to be one of them. You can stop the waste. You can grab the reader's attention. You can be called in for a job interview. So listen up. Here are five steps to take when you write your next cover letter.
1. Start your letter with a 'killer headline'--a carefully chosen phrase that will lasso the hiring manager and compel him or her to keep reading. Example:
2. Write short sentences using simple words. Steer clear of long-winded writing that leaves the reader breathless trying to keep up with you. Shorter is sweeter and neater. Examples:
- READ ON to find out why I'm the most qualified person for the job you wish to fill. [Insert job opening title here].
- I'm excited for the opportunity to interview for [Insert job opening title here]!
3. Keep your letter to one page. Remember to be clear and focused on a single topic--why you're the one for the job and why you're qualified. Your resume will provide details and dates.
- I worked for ABC Corporation for five years as head of the contracts department.
- I will get the job done right -- on time every time.
4. Include your thanks. Whether or not you receive a job offer, be sure to express your appreciation for being considered. You can never be too polite. Courtesy counts! Examples:
5. Add a P.S. below your signature line. This is a great way to remind the hiring manager of what you'll do next. Examples:
- Thank you for taking the time to read my letter.
- May we get together to discuss this job in detail.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to contact you with my credentials.
- I'd welcome meeting with you in person to talk about this job.
If you put together a cover letter with these five ingredients, you'll be among the few that know how to reach and relate to a hiring manager in a way that is both professional and personal. You'll also be encouraging that individual to take a thorough look at your credentials and to consider you seriously as a candidate to fill the job opening. What more could you want than this? And what more could a hiring manager want than a person like you?
- P.S. I will follow up with a phone call on April 1. I welcome the opportunity to meet and speak with you in person about (insert job title here). If you have any questions, please call me at 555-555-5555. Thank you in advance.
- P.S. I'm excited to assume the position of (insert job title here). Can we meet to talk over the details? I'll make sure to be available. Please call me at 555-555-5555. Thank you again.
Jimmy Sweeney is the president of CareerJimmy and author of the brand new, "Amazing Cover Letter Creator." Jimmy is also the author of several career related books and writes a monthly article titled, "Job Search Secrets."
Visit our friends at Amazing Cover Letters for your "instant" cover letter today. "In just 3.5 minutes you will have an amazing cover letter guaranteed to cut through YOUR competition like a hot knife through butter!"