Past IssuesJuly 15, 2013
How To Create A
'Showstopper' Cover Letter
Sponsored: Maximize your exposure and land more interviews
Wouldn't it be nice to ensure your resume could be seen by the employers and recruiters that are currently hiring? One way to do that is to post your resume on all the top career websites and niche job boards where hiring managers search for resumes of candidates to fill their open positions. That's where a service like Resume Rabbit can help.
You enter your resume and job requirements just once - and in the time it takes to post your resume to one website, Resume Rabbit will instantly post your information on over 85 top career websites. It's fast and easy to use! Think of all the time that you'll save by hiring Resume Rabbit to do the work for you. So, if you want to use the strategy of a successful job seeker, go to Resume Rabbit today.
Sponsored: Crank out a killer cover letter in 3.5 minutes flat!
A perfectly-written cover letter can be more important to your job search than your resume! Update your approach and get your phone ringing off the hook with more quality job interviews and job offers faster than you could ever imagine.
Stop writing cover letters the hard way. 'Amazing Cover Letters' helps you quickly and easily crank out a killer cover letter that is guaranteed-to keep your phone ringing. With just a click-of-a-button, fill in the blanks and in just 3.5 minutes out pops a brilliantly worded and perfectly crafted cover letter - 100% customized for you. Land hot job interviews and top job offers - without writing one word, by going to The Amazing Cover Letter Creator.
Creating A 'Showstopper' Cover Letter...
By Jimmy Sweeney, President of CareerJimmy and Author of the Amazing Cover Letter Creator
There are movies and then there are movies. You know the kind; the blah, blah stories that are okay but you forget them as soon as you leave the theater or turn off the TV.
And then there are the films that you still remember ten years later--the real showstoppers that tickle your funny bone and warm your heart.
Job search cover letters fall into the same two categories--the blah, blah kind and the ones that linger in the mind of the hiring managers and make them move your letter to the top of the stack. Your words bring a smile and a pleasant feeling.
If that's the kind of cover letter you want to write when you hope to land a job interview, then follow these suggestions for a technique that few people learn or use:
1. Greet the hiring manager by name. Do whatever it takes to get the full name of the person you wish to contact. Check the website. Call the company. Ask a friend who works there. People love to hear or read their name. But few job searchers think about that. They take the lazy route--Dear Sir or Madam, or Dear Hiring Manager, or worst of all To whom in may concern -- which says in effect: It doesn't really concern anyone.
2. Include a smashing headline to draw attention to what you want. Just above the letter greeting, place a few solid words that communicate what you hope to achieve. This is a showstopper for sure! It's a rare job seeker who includes this great technique.
Example: Experienced and enthusiastic customer care professional ready to assume immediately the position of Customer Service Manager.
3. List the company job requirements in a column on the left and your matching skills in a column on the right.
Improved company revenue by 20%
Initiated weekly briefing meetings
4. Add a P.S. to your cover letter. This little used addition catches the reader's eye, brings a smile, and gives you a final opportunity to ask for an interview. If you can leave the hiring manager feeling valued and respected and even smiling, you are sure to be called for a personal meeting where you can go into greater detail about your qualifications and how you plan to make a difference in the company if hired to fill the job opening.
- P.S. I have researched your company; I'm well-qualified and excellent at what I do, and I would really like to interview for this position. Please call me at 888-888-8888, I'll be happy to meet at your office on your timetable.
- P.S. Are you interested in finding out more about what I can offer your company and how I will support your mission and help increase revenue? If so, please call me--anytime at 888-888-8888. I would love the opportunity to meet for an interview at your earliest convenience.
Jimmy Sweeney is the president of CareerJimmy and author of the brand new, "Amazing Cover Letter Creator." Jimmy is also the author of several career related books and writes a monthly article titled, "Job Search Secrets."
Visit our friends at Amazing Cover Letters for your "instant" cover letter today. "In just 3.5 minutes you will have an amazing cover letter guaranteed to cut through YOUR competition like a hot knife through butter!"