November 17, 2014|
|8 Tips to Stand Out in a Job Interview|
|Maximize your exposure and land more interviews|
Wouldn't it be nice to ensure your resume could be seen by the employers and recruiters that are currently hiring? One way to do that is to post your resume on all the top job sites and niche job boards where hiring managers search for resumes of candidates to fill their open positions. That's where a service like Resume Rabbit can help.
You enter your resume and job requirements just once - and in the time it takes to post your resume to one website, Resume Rabbit will instantly post your information on over 90 top job sites. It's fast and easy to use! Think of all the time you'll save by hiring Resume Rabbit to do the work for you. So if you're ready to find a job today, post your resume on all the top job sites.
|Search smarter and land more interviews|
Are you tired of going to several job sites every day and having to search each one separately? Do you dread submitting your resume & cover letter OVER and OVER for every single job you apply to? Do you hate having to keep track of which jobs from which sites you applied to? Now there's a new service called MyJobHunter that solves all that and gets you more interviews!
First, MyJobHunter instantly searches all major job sites for jobs matching your criteria. Next, you'll review a list of job matches and put check marks next to the ones you like. Then, press a single button and your resume is sent to ALL the jobs you selected. You can even tell it to search and apply to job matches after you've logged off. Simplify your job search with this job search engine tool.
||8 Tips to Stand Out in a Job Interview
By Sabrina S. Siracusa, Professional Writer
Getting ready for a job interview can be a nerve wracking experience for even those with nerves of steel. But rest assured, if you have been called for a job interview you are qualified for the position. The recruiter or hiring manager now wants to learn more about your skills and who you are. By following these tips you are sure to stand out in a job interview:
1. Dress for success. There is no need to buy an expensive outfit. It is more important to look well put together. Make sure your clothes are clean and well fitting. Dress conservatively. Dress like you are going to church or court.
2. Groom yourself. Men with long hair should tie it back. Women should avoid overdoing hair, nails or jewelry. May sound old fashioned but these tips are time tested.
3. Become familiar with the job description. Highlight your skills that match the details of the job. You want to match the job description as much as possible.
4. Be on time. Prepare for unexpected traffic delays or direction problems. Murphy's Law says there will be an accident or other problem on the road. Go to www.mapquest.com and print out the directions to the job interview site.
5. Research the company you are applying for. Find something that interests you about the company. This will help you answer that famous "Why do you want to work here?" question.
6. Be friendly and extra polite to everyone you meet at the interview site. This includes the receptionist. A smile and a firm handshake are important. You want to come across as a personable and professional person.
7. Bring extra copies of your resume. Take down notes and ask questions during the interview. You will impress the interviewer as someone who is professional and genuinely interested in the company and position. Employers are more impressed with candidates who are looking for a career and not just a job.
8. After the interview is over thank all the participants. Shake hands with the interviewers and ask when you can follow up regarding the status of the recruitment for the position. Ask for a business card so you can send a thank you note.
These tips are easy enough to follow. After a few interviews, but hopefully not too many, you should have these tips down to memory. In the meantime, feel free to print out this list and keep it handy for your next job interview.
Get a good night's rest and good luck!
Since 2007, Sabrina S. Siracusa has produced Creative, Persuasive and Powerful content that will turn a curious website browser into a customer. She achieves this by understanding your product or service and your target group. To learn more about Sabrina, connect with her on LinkedIn.